Thursday, October 1, 2009

Teddy and the Yeti in Previews!

I will admit it - I was slightly terrified that, despite assurances to the contrary, I'd pick up a copy of the October Previews catalogue and find that Teddy and the Yeti #1 wasn't listed anywhere. Thankfully, as you can see to the right, that's not the case. The first issue of Teddy and the Yeti is listed to order RIGHT NOW, which means that you should rush to the comic shop and order a copy IMMEDIATELY!

Well, you have a few weeks, probably even longer if you order from an online store. But why take that chance?!

I'm happy with the layout and how everything looks, from the ad to the solicitation. All of this is located on page 306 of Previews. The Diamond code retailers use to order the book is OCT091167; though you shouldn't necessarily need any info other than the title of the book and perhaps the publishing name (Wagon Wheel Comics, of course) for the comic shop retailer to order...they can look stuff up just as easily, I'm sure.

In any case, now comes the time when I need to push this book on anyone who will listen; and by "push this book", I mean "try to force people into buying it whether they want to or not." So if I cold call (or e-mail) you in the next few days with the only purpose that of selling this book, I apologize in advance for how gauche that might be. What can I say? I have a big stake in this.

So if you're reading this and you say to yourself, "hey, that sounds like something I'd like to purchase, but have been too frightened to walk in to a comic book store before so I have no idea where to go" (I understand, I do), you can just go to http://www.comicshoplocator.com/ and type in your zip code to find a store near you. There's even a link for shops outside the US! How fun.

I hope that a few of you will give it a try...a lot of me went in to this. And I don't just mean metaphorically; when my hair falls out I save it in an envelope with plans to either A) construct a toupee or B) toss some in to every issue!

Neither of those options is the least bit creepy.

No comments: