Thursday, October 29, 2009

IN...TER...VIEWWWW


I was recently interviewed by Richard Vasseur on Teddy and the Yeti. I probably yammered on too long about things, but I figured that if I was going to have a chance to talk T&Y, I might as well talk A LOT. That's one of my very own keys to writing - if you can't do quality, the least you can do is quantity.

I'll post the first question and response here...because this post would be a little thin on words without it (not that that's stopped me before), but you can find the entire interview here. READ IT!

Richard: What is the basic storyline of "Teddy and the Yeti"?

Jeff: The first issue of any new title is a balancing act, I think, because you've got to tell a compelling story while fitting in a lot of exposition in the meantime. The first issue of Teddy and the Yeti is no different - we'll learn a little bit about our character's origins, but that serves as a backdrop to the main plot of the issue. Very simply, Ted is part of a global defense agency, and he's partnered with an Abominable Snowman. Their jobs, which will become more well defined over time, involve protecting the planet against anything that threatens it. In this first issue, Ted is kidnapped and the Yeti has to go after him, which sets up the reemergence of a character from their past.

No comments: