Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pat Olliffe covers Teddy and the Yeti

Pat Olliffe has a lot going for him in my book. He's got a smooth, consistent style, he's reliable in a time where artists seem to jump from project to project without taking the time to put their mark on a book, he's from the Pittsburgh area and as such almost assuredly cheers for the Super Bowl champion Steelers, and he's working on a cover to Teddy and the Yeti.

I met Pat, probably best known for his long run on Spider-Girl, a few years ago at the Pittsburgh Comicon, and it's always been one of my goals to work with him eventually. Since I've got the book coming out at the end of the year, it seemed like a good time to give it a try. At this year's con, I managed to have a conversation with him and over the last few weeks we worked on the details of the cover sketch you see on the right of this post.

Obviously, this is just a sketch and not a final product, but I needed to show it off in any case. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Thanks, Pat!

No comments: