Thursday, April 1, 2010

That's blog-tastic!


I thought about opening this post with some April Fool's Day joke, like "I'm quitting Teddy and the Yeti!" or something similar, but I find that I'm never very good at them because I can never see them through.  Because of this, and because everyone is expecting them, I tend to avoid them altogether.  Now that that's out of the way, I am quitting Teddy and the Yeti forever.  APRIL FOOLS!  HA!  That was actually pretty fun.

Anyway, I realize that sometimes coming to this blog every day just does not satisfy your need for my random thoughts, and there are times when you would enjoy hearing what I have to say on things other than just comic books - shocking, I know!  That is why I sometimes write about other things...and then blog about them.  It's both a gift...and a curse.  But perhaps you can be entertained by them, so I will give you the heads up below.

First on the list is an old favorite, The Grouchy Gastronome.  I've published things before on this site dedicated to food and anger (perhaps not in that order), and I'm at it again.  In the coming weeks you'll find semi coherent ramblings from me on topics like burning in Hell and why people decide to eat food in Wal-Mart without paying for it, but for now there are my less inflammatory posts regarding Futurama-themed cupcakes and a suspiciously similar one on Spider-Man and his infatuation with wheatcakes.

Next up is Franks and Beans.  We all know that Franks and Beans is the place to go for videos that relay the inherent humor in growing a mustache, but did you know that I also write about WHY mustaches are so funny?!  Well?  DID YOU?  Now you do.  The blogs I write for that site are thorough to the point of being obsessive, and as such no one but Larry reads them, but I have fun with them just the same.  The latest one I posted has to do with our 26th episode, "Replacement Larry", which I'll embed below.

These are just some of the ways in which I help you waste time on a daily basis.  You're welcome.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I've said it before and I will say it again: I won't eat those cupcakes unless they have real brains on the top of them.