Monday, March 14, 2022

Planet Comics #3 now on Kickstarter!

 

Is it that time again? It is! It's once again time for a new issue of Planet Comics, your favorite oversized sci-fi anthology pulp comic tribute of the 21st century! It is all of those things.

The campaign for Planet Comics #3 is now live on Kickstarter, and I hope that you'll check it out if you haven't yet. There's a little over a week left in the campaign, and the book has reached its initial goal. Let's take a look at some of the art and stories that will be included in this new issue!


This issue starts off with a main cover by Nickolej Villiger! Nickolej is such a great talent and I'm sure you'll be seeing more of his work in the near future!


The Kickstarter-exclusive cover for this issue is by Hilary Barta, who has drawn so many weird and funny comics over the past few decades. I love his work on Radioactive Man from Bongo Comics!


The Bulwark is back with another new chapter int his issue. Andrea Schiavone once again provides the art. He brings so much to this story and the book! I'm lucky to have him drawing the lead story.


Jeff McComsey's "The Old Man and the Sea of Love" returns again as our other continuing story. More tales of big adventure on the high sea await!


There are a few new stories in this third issue, as well. The first has a weird western flavor provided by Joey Esposito and MoraMike. This story is called "Nixon: Small World."


I'm really excited about this short story from Grace Gilbert and Guillaume Deloizon, "Julián in Space." Grace is a former student in one of my comic book classes and she's a really great storyteller! Guillaume's art is so unique, especially in a book like this, and I think it adds such an interesting flair to the publication.


And get ready for this...Duane Redhead and I are creating a new Teddy and the Yeti story for this issue! This will be the first new T&Y story since 2014. I'm so excited to bring these characters back for the first time in a while.


I'm also printing a blank sketch cover edition for the first time in the series. My pal Ian Nichols is offering up his services to draw sketches on these covers as one of the limited rewards! So you can get some bona fide original art with this campaign. I'm really looking forward to seeing some of these covers with pencils and ink on 'em.


This issue will probably end up being a few pages longer than the previous one, which will mean that issue #3 will be the biggest one yet. I'm grateful for the support this book has gathered in the past and I hope for at least a few more issues to come. Please spread the word that Planet Comics #3 is now live! Pledge if you can! Write me weird comments below this post!

1 comment:

Larry Franks said...

NEW TEDDY AND THE YETI!!!!!