Thursday, September 8, 2011

Baltimore Comic-Con swag, Dukescollector.com, eBay trials and more!


Well, it's been a while since I've posted.  I'm sure this has caused great consternation.  Or perhaps not.  Either way, here are some random notes about a few things, mostly comic related, going on right now:

- I made it back from the Baltimore Comic-Con with some cool things, and what is the Internet for if not to show it off to random people?  I managed to land a couple autographs while shirking my booth-attending responsibilities.  Above there's Chrissie Zullo's Cinderella #1, Paul Tobin's Marvel Adventures Fantastic Four #41 (we had a nice conversation about why the Thing is so awesome), and Rick Leonardi's Spider-Man 2099 #1 (Peter David signed it as well, but years and years ago).  I also got (but for some reason forgot to photograph) Superman: The Man of Steel #13 signed by the lovely Louise Simonson.


This awesome Thing magnet was first spotted at the 2010 New York Comic Con, but the person displaying it said it hadn't been released yet and therefore wouldn't sell it.  Of course, the question that leads to is "why are you displaying it in the first place, then?" but those things happen.  I finally snagged it, though, and look how cool it is!  The picture doesn't do it justice.


There were some great small press comics on display at this show.  Some I picked up included Paul Allor & company's Clockwork and Rebecca Mock's Travels mini comic.  Both were well worth it.


I got another Fantastic Four Toon Tumbler as well!  It'll look great next to...all of the other FF tumblers I have.


- The FUBAR Kickstarter project is entering its final hours, and I'd venture to say that is has been an unqualified success.  The guys have met their goal and then some, and there's still time to pick up some really cool prizes.  FUBAR volume 2 has a pretty good chance of making some real waves and getting into a lot of hands, and that's really exciting for everyone involved, including me.

The Kickstarter page, closing Friday the 9th, can be found here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1607639297/fubar-2-empire-of-the-rising-dead

And you can see me getting ready to vandalize the booth directly below.  No one will ever be the wiser...


- Those who are prone to fits of rage should probably not click on the picture below:


Wait a minute, I can be overcome by rage at times, what does that...HOLY CRAP people are selling their Dark Knight Rises shirts on eBay for 500 bucks.  What the heck.

I wrote about the haves and have nots of those who were extras for the Heinz Field DKR scenes in regards to shirts (I saw a guy with three shirts!!!) and wondered how long it'd take for them to start showing up on eBay.  It took a little bit longer than I imagined it would have (as in, longer than immediately following the shoot), but wow, I never thought someone - multiple someones, it seems - would pay half a grand for something like this.

This may mean that I am a huge jerk, but I really hope these are mass produced at some point in the near future.  THAT'LL SHOW 'EM!  Also, I can then buy one.


- In less enraging news, Blogger tells me that this blog may be popular.  That's pretty nice to hear.  And in fact, August had more page views recorded than any pervious month by a good margin.  I don't know if that makes me want to put advertisements on the site, but hey, a little validation never hurt anyone.


- Lastly, if you are a Dukes of Hazzard fan, you should really check out our friend Larry's new site, DukesCollector.com.  It's just starting out but eventually it'll be the premier place for those who collect show and movie-related merchandise (Larry just got the Shrinky Dinks, woo!).  He's even got a message board!  So...go there!  And be amazed!

No comments: