Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Accordion Propaganda

I think this 1950s-era comic speaks for itself...although I do wonder who worked on this and what they said when they were told "yeah, we want you to put a seven-page comic together that shows how cool it can be to play the accordion.  We'll call it...'Touch my Squeeze Box'...or something.  The title's not important."

We all know that "Weird Al" Yankovic grew up reading Mad Magazine as opposed to comic books (we do all know that, right?  It's common knowledge, isn't it?), but I can't help but imagine a world where a six-year-old Yankovic picks up whatever comic this appears in, flips thought the pages and says, "eh, I'll give it a try."

Here's "In Tune With Fun" in all its glory:









The high resolution archival pdf file of this story can be found in its entirety here.  I doubt that the "free lesson" coupon is still valid, though.

No comments: