Thursday, March 4, 2010

Government records


Ever just decide to go an search through the United States Copyright Office's files?  Sounds like fun, huh?  Well, it's not, and shame on you for thinking so - unless you have a copyright on file, in which case it becomes LOTS OF FUN (trust me on this).

The above screenshot is from the Copyright Office's website, where it lists Teddy and the Yeti and lots of information regarding it - publication type, concept title, print date, creator history, date of birth, my (former) address...holy crap, should all that stuff be on the Internets for anyone to see?  Apparently so, says the government.  Oh well, says I: now I have a record that says I existed on file in a governmental office.  And I think that's just swell.

8 comments:

Sara said...

Kinda cool, but the 1982- (blank) freaks me out. Think they'll actually update this when you die?

Also, look, I signed up for a gmail account! First I get a Mac, then I get the email equivalent of a Mac!

Larry Franks said...

You mac elitists are trying to pull google mail into your little world? The nerve!

Jeff said...

I WAS BORN IN 1981!

Sara said...

Oops, I forgot you were so old!! ;)

Larry - but don't you have you a google account too? If not, how do you post on here?

Sara said...

Plus, Larry - you have a Mac too! So, whatcha talkin' about?

Jeff said...

Larry had to give his Mac back, because he was too uncool.

Larry Franks said...

I HAD a mac, but I ran windows on it. And yes I had to give it back. Now it is in the high school vault in the exact place I left it. Right beside the original Franks and Beans camera. Niether of them have moved since I put them there. I had to give them back, but ain't nobody using them. Ah local school district politics.

Jeff said...

I think you should steal...ah...reacquire them. TONIGHT! They'd probably never realize they were even gone.