Sunday, January 24, 2010

Other stuff, part 4 - Faith and Charity




It's been a while since I've posted anything about some of the other comic stuff I've been working on, and now seems a good a time as any.  Faith and Charity hasn't seen much movement in quite a while, but it's one of those stories that I always hold out hope for - maybe one day it'll get untangled and see print, one way or the other, because while it's probably one of the more different stories I've ever written, it's also one that I think holds a lot of promise.

The story is your basic coming-of-age tale with two sisters - Faith and Charity - and superheroics mixed in for good measure. The two learn that they have inherited special abilities from their mother, and soon their entire lives are turned upside down by the consequences.  Plus, their high school principal is totally turned into a rhinoceros, and as anyone who has ever watched an episode of Beast Wars knows, rhinos are completely awesome.



The art (and most of the production work you see) is by none other than Mario Wytch, who contributes a great pinup to Teddy and the Yeti #2 (and possibly #3, though that's not certain).  I'm not sure if Mario will agree with this or not, but I think that his best work is done on these slice-of-life stories such as Faith and Charity.  His distinct, fluid style is great for showing emotions, and Faith and Charity has plenty of that to go around.

We'll see what happens with this story - I believe that a first issue was once upon a time completed to the inking stage, so we do have something to go on if these wheels would start turning again.  In the meantime, I've written a script titled "The Ferryman" (not the most action packed sounding title, I admit) with Mario in mind - it's a one-issue story involving zombies...in space.  If it pans out, I might be publishing that story after Teddy and the Yeti #3 and before an issue #4, which I'm still hopeful for.

2 comments:

Larry Franks said...

Dinosaurs are better than rhinos.

Jeff said...

"I'm in a bad mood...understand?"