Wednesday, October 2, 2024

This Ink Runs Cold at the 2024 San Diego Comic-Con

I've got a short story set for publication in This Ink Runs Cold, an upcoming anthology from Allen Spiegel Fine Arts! I just got an update from Scott Morse, the creator of the project, with finished art from our sci-fi/crime noir story, titled "Blood Brothers." HERE'S A PREVIEW:

The book is set to come out in the spring of '25, with contributors like Dave McKean, Jim Mafood, Fabio Moon, Stan Sakai, Paul Pope, Mike Allred and a bunch more!

One of the really cool things about this book is that Scott drew parts of it on the show floor at this summer's Comic-Con in San Diego, and he invited his fellow collaborators to stop by as he drew. I thought it'd be fun to document the whole process, and I recently uploaded the whole 26-minute affair to YouTube. So let's watch, shall we?


I really think that this book, with its unique concept and list of creators, is going to be up for some awards in '25 and '26. I'm excited for it to come out!

No comments: