Sunday, February 23, 2020

Watch Ian Nichols draw The Tick! (And some other Tick news!)


Ian Nichols, my friend and artist on The Tick, is filming and streaming some video of his drawing board for all to see. Starting pretty soon - February 26th and continuing on Wednesdays, Ian will be sitting down and drawing different characters and subjects and letting the world get a look, too. These will be streamed on a bunch of different platforms and archived on YouTube. Check out this video of the announcement, with The Tick!



Ian often gives the drawings to someone who shares the video as it's streaming, so you could get some really great art out of the bargain, too.

I guess Ian has two YouTube channels. Why would someone do this? Is one a burner account? Anyway, here's a (much longer) video of The Tick and Caped Cod from about a year ago:


If anyone's interested in the process of drawing comics, I hope you'll check out Ian's videos. It's a good behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to make comics.


OTHER TICK NEWS!

There are a few other items to pass along, if you're interested in reading more about The Tick. First, New England Comics is reprinting the 2019 convention issue (this'll be...the fourth printing??) just for their Massachusetts-area stores with a new cover by Ian Nichols.

The issue is limited to 1000 copies and, from what I understand, hasn't gone on sale yet. Why not, you might ask? I...do not know. Please sell them, NEC. I would like to get a few copies, myself.


The 2020 Free Comic Book Day Tick Special has been announced, and here's a look at the cover, once again by Ian! This image will actually stretch across both the front and back cover, which I think is really exciting! This one has a lot going for it, including Thrakkorzog, the Ninja Hedge, the Terror, a...cave? Anyway, I really enjoyed seeing this cover.

The folks over at Free Comic Book Day have a preview of the issue online now, in case you want to check it out, here: https://freecomicbookday.com/Catalog/JAN200034


Lastly, the Amazon Tick complete series is on sale...in Australia. It is a legitimate release. Did I get a copy? Yes. Is it formatted so that I can actually watch it? I don't know. But I'm glad to get a DVD copy of this show in any case. I hope that there's an official US release (in HD, hopefully) to follow soon.

No comments: