Monday, November 11, 2019

Pictures from the 2019 New York Comic Con, part 3 (Saturday, 10/5)

It's time to wrap up the pictures from this year's New York Comic Con! These are from Saturday at the show. Let's get to it!


"Ladies and gentlemen - we found her!"


There were several X-Men group gatherings at NYCC this year. Everyone is happy that Marvel's Fox embargo has ended!


Is this the same Captain America statue that has been here in the past? I'm not sure. It's odd that I'm getting used to seeing Steve Rogers memorialized in faux-bronze.


I spent some time talking with Tim Doyle at the show. Tim is formerly of Mondo and he had a hand in creating a whole bunch of Weird Al posters for the Strings Attached tour this year. We commiserated over our similar experiences and I was able to buy the poster from the Dallas tour stop. It was great to meet Tim!


A toaster or something.


Please only look at Jay Garrick in this image, and not the nearly shirtless guy in the background.


It's a Doom Patrol reunion!


I spent a lot of time over the last year picking up every Radioactive Man appearance out there - I think I have most of 'em now. I enjoyed seeing this and wish Bongo (or Bapper or whatever) would publish another comic with the Simpsons character.


I stopped into a Marvel panel in the early afternoon on Saturday. This one featured Chris Claremont. They gave out comics at the end. I got...a few.


Is this a reference to something specific (like, a TV show)? Or did a group just feel like dressing up as a monarchy?


Here's a father-daughter duo spending some quality time at the convention.


I hope this guy doesn't get stabbed in the face.


"Sure, I work out seven hours a day. I'll dress up as Macho Man."


I got to meet up with pals Steve Becker and Oliver Mertz at their booth. I was happy to see 'em! It looks like Steve and I are introducing Oliver for something. He sure is starin' right at you.


Smedley, a biographical account of General Smedley Butler, came out at the show! I lettered this graphic novel that Jeff McComsey wrote and drew. Dead Reckoning Press had a booth in the small press section.


"The lesson is, never try."


It's gotta be tough just to get through the doors with these arms. The picture has a kind of forced perspective going on. I like it.


IS THIS THE BEST COSTUME AT NYCC? PERHAPS!!


Another family outing.


I appreciate how even the kid got involved in this one. Has he seen the movie? Is it age appropriate??


I'll admit that I don't know what the outfits have to do with these getups, but I appreciate the effort these five Stans brought to the game.


These might be the best costumes from the show. That Skeletor, especially, is amazing.


Get outta here, Cyclops!


Nice job with the tricorders.


The spider-sense Peter Parker is well done. Both of these costumes were fun.


There comes a time when your costume is just too big for the convention floor, so you have to stay outside in the hallways and take a million photos with your Aliens buddies. The Ripley mech-suit is just...wow! Think about all the work that went into this.

I brought a cold home from NYCC that stayed with me for two solid weeks, but I still had a lot of fun at the show. We'll see what next year brings.

1 comment:

Larry said...

I really like the X-Men costumes.
That Cap statue is from the new Avengers video game that is coming out next year that looks amazing!
That's a very royal family.
Watchmen duo - a weird rapey couples costume.
Good for that Macho Man. But Mach didn't start shilling Slim Jims until he started wearing the full body costumes. Kinda feel bad for Jake's snake.
The picture with Steve and Oliver---- y'all are staring at me!!
That Doc Ock is something!
Great Weird Al.
The Mandalorians are a less rapey couples costume.
Love the Fifth Element group.
I'm guessing the Stan Lees are all super accurate to something the Man wore once.
Those MOTU costumes....Wow!
Those Guardians costumes are also great. Cyclops is good, but not on their level. He belongs with the other X-Men you posted above.
That Ripley is just insane. You must love taking pictures all day and not enjoying the show when you build something like that.

And that concludes "Larry typing while reading Jeff's blog." I hope you enjoyed it.