Monday, October 7, 2019

Pictures from the 2019 Comic-Con International, part 8 (Sunday, 7/21)

Let's see some pictures from Sunday at Comic-Con, shall we? I've said this before, but Comic-Con is the one convention where I almost always say, "I could do one more day" after it ends. There's never enough time to do everything and it's all physically taxing after five very full days, but I love it. Here's to Comic-Con 2020!


These books were all behind glass, of course, but I have to believe that I'd be a nervous wreck if this were my booth. There's tens of thousands of comics just in this picture alone. Check out that 8.0 Fantastic Four #1!


Spidey 2099 always remembers to stay hydrated.


I think this is a TV mashup, but I like it. The mask is top notch.


There were more than a few Bob Ross events going on around the convention this year. This human canvas was the most creative costume of the bunch that I saw.


Are we watching She-Ra? We are, right? It's very good.


I didn't see many Batman Who Laughs costumes this year, as opposed to last year, when they were everywhere. This one brought a Robin!


I asked this guy his character's name and he said "Endor Presley". I approve.


Ian sold his Usagi Yojimbo cover with The Tick on Sunday. Neat!


Vic, a Tick superfan, brought this beautiful Tick model for us to look at this day. I believe that there are only 30 out there in the universe. It was great to see.


At the end of the show, she flew away, no joke.


There were other Stranger Things costumes out there, and not just Scoops Ahoy.


I haven't seen the episode, but yes, I know about the Game of Thrones Starbucks moment. This person took advantage, and good on her for it.


Jane Foster Thor!


Around 2:00 on Sunday, I tend to get a little restless and I have to walk the floor one last time. I usually travel to parts that I never found the time to see, wistful for a few more hours.


Weekend Wolverine.


I hardly made it to the TV/entertainment section of the floor at all this year. There was a Star Trek set! Heck!


DC's booth merged with the WB booth this year, which I think was to the detriment of DC. There's so much of a focus on DC's television properties that sometimes the comics get overshadowed, and it's hard for that not to happen here, with a combined presence.


Though I will say that I always like to see displays with multiple levels.


It's a group of video game characters that I've never seen before!


Walking around the convention floor was Cooper Andrews, who pays Jerry on the Walking Dead! I'm stunned that no one else recognized him. Maybe it was because he didn't have his axe?


I almost missed this Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe display, near the WB booth!


Stop hogging the attention, Cap.


This guy was kind of born to dress up as Morpheus, yes?


Right before the show ended, I made my way upstairs one last time, and ran into this Lt. Jim Dangle.


When the show ends, everyone's gotta pack up, even you, Beetlejuice.


And that's a wrap for Comic-Con 2019.


The tear-down began swiftly.


Even the carpet comes up pretty quickly. Everyone seems to be quick to box things up at 5:00 sharp. I wouldn't mind another hour.


Oh, and here's the New England Comics booth! It looks the same as it usually does.


And then we all have to brave the sunny afternoon in San Diego! There could be worse things.

I'll wrap things up with one more post. Nine of 'em this year. Sheesh!

No comments: