Friday, February 22, 2019

Thing sketch cards, part 8

It's time to look at a few more Thing sketch cards that have come my way recently. Now that you've started reading, you are compelled to read all the way to the end.


Fred Hembeck - This is the second card I've got with Hembeck's art (this time with a shirt and boots)! But how can I possibly tell if this is a genuine Fred Hembeck sketch card?


Oh, that's how. Cool.


Will Caligan - I've never had much luck in getting one of these Marvel Masterpieces sketch cards, for whatever reason. But this one finally made its way to me with a pencil sketch from Will Caligan. I'd never have found his name if it wasn't on the eBay listing.


And lucky me, the FF are also on the back of the card, too!


Irma "Aimo" Ahmed - This card was sold alongside a connecting illustration, and I made sure that I was able to get both. This one, with the Thing and his pal Johnny, was worth getting by itself...


(...here's the back...)


...but WOW, check out this one with Sue and Reed! It's not often that I'll prefer these guys over ol' Ben Grimm, but this has got to be one of the sweetest illustrations of our favorite Marvel couple (behind Ben and Alicia) that I've ever seen. The whole team looks great lined up next to each other.


Both of these cards came from the 2011 Marvel "Bronze Age" trading card set.


Lui Antonio - Sometimes the Thing wears pants. Why does he do this? The shorts are iconic. Maybe he washes them, and doesn't just get new ones every day from Reed.


This one is also from 2011, but from the Marvel Universe line of cards.


Jayson Johnson - Lastly, we've got a close up from Jason Johnson, where you can count most of the Thing's teeth, if you'd like.


This card comes from the artist's personal stock. The colors on the back aren't ones that bled through, but printed that way.

Do I have more Thing cards? Yes! Will I show them to you? Yes! Now? NO!

2 comments:

Larry said...

Peter and MJ - #1!

Jeff said...

Peter made a deal with Satan to get out of his marriage, so...