Monday, December 31, 2018

Bob's Burgers "Can I Get Your Slaw-tograph" Comic-Con burger at Shake Shack!


Comic-Con has a lot of weird tie-ins and promotions during the show, but one that stood out to me from the moment I heard about it was the Bob's Burgers Shake Shack promotion, a crossover between the real-life burger place and the cartoon one. A few days before the convention started, it was announced that Shake Shack would sell a Bob's Burgers-inspired "Can I Get Your Slaw-tograph" burger on the weekend of the event. And, since it was Comic-Con, the cast and creators of the show would be there, too.

I knew that I wanted to try and get one of these burgers, and I also knew how crazy fans could get for a promotion like this, so I called the participating restaurant earlier in the week and tried to plan my trip. There was a very exclusive cast event happening on Friday, but the burger was supposed to be on sale Saturday and Sunday, too. On my way back from the convention on Saturday, I stopped at the Shake Shack in question, only to find that the burger had sold out for the day! But on Sunday, after packing up the booth and wrapping up the official convention, I went back.


The promotional photo backdrop was still up outside the store. I was ready.


This time, I managed to get an order in. The hamburger came with cheese, pulled pork, jalapeƱos, pickles and coleslaw. It also cost something like $11, which was...yow! The burger itself was only so-so, I thought. The barbecue sauce on the pulled pork really overwhelmed everything else, and was really sweet. I thought that the pickles were actually pretty good, and they helped to counteract the sweet BBQ sauce a bit. It was a pretty sloppy sandwich on the whole, and I had to pick up a number of ingredients from the paper tray afterwards to finish it up.

But the taste was probably secondary in all of this, as I was happy to just get a chance to try it out before it supposedly went away forever after Sunday. It was a sub-par, too-expensive fast food hamburger...and I'll probably go back next year if they offer a different one.


Oh, and I picked up some promotional stickers and pins, too!


No comments: