Saturday, August 22, 2015

Magic Bullet #11 - "One Wish"

I've been lucky enough to be pretty busy with comic work over the last few months - this year, even, I guess.  One of the (admittedly few) downsides to that is that I don't have very much time for this blog or other types of recreational writing...but I'm still out here, doing...stuff.


Somewhere on that list of stuff sits a new issue of DC Conspiracy's Magic Bullet!  This recently released issue is currently being circulated primarily around the Washington, DC area.  I've had a few comics published in previous issues, and this time around I teamed up with a few friends to create a one page comic titled "One Wish".


"One Wish" came about after a conversation with your good friend (and mine) Larry a few years ago.  I'm not even sure what the context of the conversation was, but he let it spill and I decided that it might make a good Magic Bullet-style comic, so I plotted it out and put the letters into the final product.  Providing the art is the incomparable Joe Badon.  It all came together pretty well, I think, and I'm happy that I was able to put this together with those two guys.


I got a bundle of comics in the mail and have been working on distributing them around the Pittsburgh area.  I spent the summer volunteering once again at the Toonseum, so it was a good bet that I'd leave a stack at the entrance to the comic/cartoon art museum.  I'll also be bringing some with me to the inaugural Wizard World Pittsburgh show, which is coming up in just a few short weeks (more on that later)!


Before I go, here's one more peek at something else that I'm working on, this time with Ian Chase Nichols.  I worked with Ian on a few Tick projects and I'm happy to be collaborating with him again. I'm putting this clip up here because this comic is also for a newspaper-style publication, but it's not the MB.  I'll give out some more information on that project when it gets a little further along.

No comments: