Sunday, August 19, 2012

"The Final Edit" in Magic Bullet #5!


DC Conspiracy's "Magic Bullet" publication is out with a new issue - its fifth - and dare I say that this is the best one yet.  I recently got a big package in the mail from editor Matt Dembecki and it looked a little something like this:


The Magic Bullet, for those who don't know, is published in the greater Washington, DC area.  It's a newspaper-sized publication filled with mostly one-page, self contained comics.  I've been lucky to have stories see print in issues 2 and 3, and #5 sees a new strip with art by a familiar name - Duane Redhead.  Duane stepped in at the last minute and really saved my bacon as the deadline approached.

This issue had a theme - the end of the world!  We were allowed to interpret that as we saw fit.  Even the cover reflected the end of days:


My entry, which can be seen at the very top, has another grammar joke in it.  Why do I find grammar so ripe a subject for funny one page comics?  Who can say, but dammit, I'll do with it what I can.

A few comics in this issue were in color, which was an exciting addition.  I've got a new strip in the works that I'm hoping to place in issue #6 and I'll have to see if I can get a color spot.  I'm a little over half way through this oversized issue and I must say that I'm impressed with the overall quality.  I think that this little magazine is on the cusp of taking off and I'm happy to be a part of it.


If you live in the greater DC area, you should be able to find a copy at any number of locations.  For my part, I'll be distributing the copies I received at three comic shops south of Pittsburgh.  If you live close and want to pick up the new issue, go here:

Pittsburgh Comics, McMurray, PA
Impossible Dreams Comics, Bridgeville, PA
Evil Genius Cards and Comics, California, PA

No comments: