Wednesday, April 4, 2012

another entry for the database


A little over two years ago, I posted a picture of my nephew Jacob here a little while after he was born.  And then I proceeded to make the obvious connection between the little tyke and the Thing, because after all, the Thing's middle name is also Jacob.  So what I'm trying to say is that my sister and her husband named their first child after the Thing.  This was a pretty cool thing to do.

Yesterday, they had their second child, Logan Bronson Quinn, and here's a picture of the little guy.  It's a shame that they didn't keep up the comic book theme with this one, but who knows, maybe one day a comic book company will create a character with the name Logan and that character will garner at least a modicum of popularity.  That way we can retroactively keep the streak alive, so to speak.

Here's a mind bending prospect to think about: if this kid lives until he is 88, a real possibility, he will live until the year 2100.  THAT'S THE 22nd CENTURY!  He might use a rocket pack one day.  And I'll give him all of my 2099 comics, tell him to wait, and see if he gets the joke.

No comments: