Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Journal of Morphology - another publication with words and pictures


A bit of good news came my way yesterday when I learned that my wife had her manuscript accepted to the Journal of Morphology, an academic journal that deals with...what, science?  I guess.  It's well over my head.  The title of her work is "Microvascular Patterns in the Blubber of Shallow and Deep Diving Odontocetes", which, and I'm sure you can gather, should be a thrilling piece of excitement from first page to last.

I like to think of myself as "the writer" when it comes to the two of us, but it's obvious that this piece of work is much more impressive than anything I've ever done in similar fashion...which gives me some perspective, I suppose.  Of note, though, is that the article contains an image of a pig...an image of a pig that I totally drew.  This means that I am also a published artist (of great skill, naturally).  I am disproportionately proud of this.

Here's the necessary copyright information, as "the man" now has the rights to the article and what it contains: "Microvascular Patterns in the Blubber of Shallow and Deep Diving Odontocetes", S. McClelland, et al, Journal of Morphology, copyright 2012, published by Wiley-Blackwell.

This is excitement of academic proportions.

No comments: