Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pictures from the Baltimore Comic-Con, part 3

Here's the final batch of pictures from last weekend's Baltimore Comic-Con.  A good time was had by all!  And I've got the evidence below.


YES!  Awkward blue-screened celebrity photos.  I went up to the table with the prints and snapped a picture of them, and oh, what gems I found!  This is such an odd phenomenon, and one born of an event planner's desire to expedite the money making process.  I understand why someone might want a picture with his or her favorite famous person, but who wants something so generic and often creepy?  All of these people did, apparently, and shelled out a nice chunk of money to do so.  Stan Lee looks a bit like someone stuffed him and propped him up.


Ken Hunt drew this great Yeti sketch for a fan who bought the whole set of Teddy and the Yeti.  I was sad to see it go!


This zombie couple stayed in character as long as I saw them - staggering thought the isles, moaning and staring at passers by.  I appreciated the commitment.


There's so much to like about this homemade Galactus costume.  The globe is a really nice touch.


Ken Hunt sketches a Yeti in the Josh Howard Presents: Sasquatch collection.


This was a very well done movie Thor costume.  The circle things on his chest even lit up!  When we asked him if that was his own hair, he looked at us as if we were crazy.


Words cannot describe how awesome this duo was.  I'm not sure why the guy dressed as Krang didn't go as Rocksteady instead, but still, give credit where it's due.  Anyone who breaks out the 90s Ninja Turtle costumes gets an A+ in my book (I also saw a girl dressed up as April O'Neal at the show).


Dazzler is probably too much a product of her time to be really relevant today.  But this costume looked good anyway.  I asked her (mostly joking) if she had thought to wear roller skates, but she told me that she tore some ligaments in one of her feet, so that idea was out.  I imagine heels in general must have been pretty painful.


Hey!  It's the Franks and Beans table!!  All of our fans are just off to our left.  What a great time for Larry and alternate me.


This happened outside the convention center after the show was over -- I'm not even certain that this mermaid had anything to do with the Comic-Con itself.  But she still looked cool.  As these two guys were carrying her, her tail began to slip off, revealing some gratuitous nudity underneath.  A great end (pun!) to a great day.

Well, I'm finally out of pictures to share.  I guess I'll just have to think of something different to say tomorrow.

No comments: