Monday, May 24, 2010

Crochet, anyone?


I just received this image of a crocheted Yeti (capital "Y") in my inbox from none other than June Gilbank of PlanetJune.  I commissioned June to create the likeness of the Yeti character after seeing some of the other work she's completed - yes, pretty much everything she's done is adorable.  JUST LOOK AT THIS MONKEY:

I'm pretty thrilled with the way things turned out, and just as thrilled that June will be selling the pattern on her website (in case you want to make your own) with a link and a reference to the Teddy and the Yeti website/comic...so now I have an inroad with the crochet crowd...yes!

I will also be selling this Yeti - but the completed figure as opposed to the pattern.  That is, I will be doing that once I either learn how to crochet or find someone who is capable.  Uh, Mom?  I've never seen you crochet before in my life, but I'll bet you're able with your magic mom powers.  We'll see.  This is just one step in the process, but it's a big one.  Look for this to show up in the online store once we get up and running with the needlework.  If nothing else, I'll be sure to have a basketful on hand for the New York Comic-Con.

This is a separate entity from the Yeti doll crafted by codename: Punkvixen from the Etsy website.  Those are still on their way and are about twice the size of this crochet version, and I plan on having both available (for the discriminating consumer) at some point.  Just look at it this way: my ancillary potential Yeti merchandise just increased by 100%. The world is now a better place.

No comments: