Sunday, October 20, 2019

I'm a guest at the 2019 Rhode Island Comic Con!


It's been a while since I've been to a comic convention that wasn't in San Diego or New York, and it's been...well...forever since I was actually an invited guest to a convention, so we're all surprised (right?) that I'll be a guest at the 2019 Rhode Island Comic Con in Providence. The show will be held on November 1st through the 3rd, which is coming up...pretty soon!

So how did this happen? Well, perhaps it had something to do with the fact that my friend Ian Nichols (pictured above, not with a goat) has worked to put together some Tick-centric programming at the show, and was kind enough to involve me in some of it. Along with Ian and myself, the show is bringing along some very cool Tick actors to the convention: Patrick Warburton, Peter Serafinowicz and Griffin Newman! New England Comics will also be set up with an RICC-exclusive issue of The Tick, and I'm hearing that there will be a Tick panel at some point over the weekend.

There will also be a bunch of other comic creators and celebrities, there, including a number of Star Trek actors. Will I abuse my green room privileges and try to talk with George Takei? I guess we'll have to find out!


For my part, I'll have a booth and I'll bring with me a number of recent publications, such as the Black Terror graphic novel, the first issue of Sister Powers, and of course some Tick items. You can find more information on the convention here: https://www.ricomiccon.com. If you're in the area, come watch me defiantly wear my Steelers gear on Sunday while shouting insults to anyone who has something to say about the local cheaters football team! It should be a lot of fun.

No comments: