Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Herald-Standard Comic-Con interview


A little while ago, I did an interview with the local paper, the Herald-Standard, regarding this July's Comic-Con.  Larry set it up and it went from there.  Apparently it went over well enough, because this past Sunday it showed up as a feature article and on the first page of its section.  The article is a nice piece about Comic-Con, from a local perspective, and you can read it here, if you'd like: http://www.heraldstandard.com/entertainment/features/action-and-adventure-local-residents-visit-comic-con-international/article_5b6ab096-4e6b-5f4d-82b2-f0386d96f291.html

There was talk about bringing a photographer to the interview, but that was scuttled in favor of placing some pictures we ourselves took at the convention.  I probably sent over more than 20 for the staff to choose from, picking out interesting and what I thought were pictures indicative of the atmosphere at the show.  And then I said, "ah, screw it, I'm sending over a picture of the Thing."  And then I sifted through some more pictures, thought about it for a few seconds and said, "heck, I'm going to send over that Beast Wars picture as well."


AND THEY PRINTED IT.  They printed our "scream 'Beast Wars' while taking a picture with Cheetor" picture from Comic-Con.  THIS IS FANTASTIC!  I wonder if the guy who dressed up in the costume knows that he's in the paper.  I wonder that about the guy dressed up as the Thing, Hawkman, and the Green Lantern couple, too (I never noticed this before, but there's a pretty good photobomb going on behind the Green Lanterns), but mostly Cheetor.  Perhaps it's time to do a Google search to see what I can find.


The article covers the entire front page, above and below the fold, and continues on the last page of the section as seen above.  On this page, it shares space with an article about Lady Gaga's meat dress.  High society, here we come!

Many thanks to the Herald Standard and the writer of the article.  Now let's see if the guy dressed as Cheetor from Beast Wars is on Google Images.

1 comment:

Larry Franks said...

I'm dying to know about Cheetor, but not enough to google it myself. Keep us informed.