Sunday, July 10, 2011

My cool "Can't Stop the Serenity" swag


The sixth annual "Can't Stop the Serenity" event was held this last Friday in Pittsburgh and boy! was it a fun time.  Not only was Serenity screened, but I got to meet a bunch of other Firefly nerds like myself, there were themed games to play, and (hooray!) I went home with the above 11x17 artwork of Captain Mal Reynolds, drawn by Sammy Gomez.  Some of the prizes up for grabs included the first graphic novel and other comic book related items; the art is what I had my eye on the entire night, though, and I'm glad that I managed to snag it.

The entire night was lots of fun, and all the proceeds went to the Equality Now charity.  This was the first CSTS event I was a part of and I'm certainly going to the 2012 edition - there were rumblings of a Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog party this September, too.

I have to get my hands on more pictures from the show (I took one with several others wearing the Jayne Cobb hat...), but here are a couple:


And in this picture, the guy dressed up as Mal stares eerily down at me as I play a modified version of the game "Operation".  Good times.

No comments: