It's time for another EXTREMELY POPULAR random post from me, an extremely popular poster. And by that I mean the "placard intended for posting in a public place" definition...I'm feeling rather existential today. Anyway, it's almost time for me to pack up and head to the Pittsburgh Comicon this weekend, so I'll go over a few things that are on my mind. And by "on my mind" I mean...okay, never mind. That joke is dead.
- The copyright-infringing poster you see above is from Wilmington area Fanboy Comics. The comic store is doing a great thing by holding a food drive that supports the Foodbank of Central and Eastern North Carolina. Not that giving to the needy ever needs a tangible reward (just try not to come off as...gasp...a socialist!), but Fanboy is giving away some swag if you bring in some canned food. Check it out!
- Teddy and the Yeti issue #3 is on its way from the terrifying storehouses of New Jersey to the terrifying front porch of my parents' house via a terrifying UPS truck, where I will meet up with it soon. I should be getting both the regular edition and the extra terrifying convention edition at the same time, if all goes according to plan (I'll post pictures of things like the shipping box as always, don't worry). You can follow along here, because you're curious about shipping schedules, right? Perhaps it'll already be delivered by the time to check.
- My new friend Henry has once again done me a great favor by posting a preview of Teddy and the Yeti #3 on his always amusing "I love the Yeti" blog. It mentions the Pittsburgh convention as well, which is great. Check it out if you already haven't - not just for the preview, but hey, that too.
- I've briefly updated this blog by adding some resources and links. To see them, just look to your right. Really, it's there, just look...oh, okay, I'll post a picture of the VERY BLOG you're reading. Specifically, I've added some "reference"-style material such as the Wikipedia page, online stores where you can buy Teddy and the Yeti, and links to fellow T&Y contributors, friends, and...Weird Al. Because I can. I'm planning on also creating a list containing the physical "brick and mortar" stores that carry the book...but I ran out of time. Soon.
- I'm showing the movie "V for Vendetta" as an out-of-class assignment tonight where I work. I'm almost ashamed to say that I might just like the movie, as sensationalist as it tends to be, more than the Alan Moore-penned graphic novel of the same title. Hugo Weaving does a fantastic job. I've done this for a few years now, so I might have watched this movie more than any other movie in my life...but every time I push "play", I have to pay attention. It happens, I guess.
- I'll end with something un-comic related, but familiar to those who read the blog (BOTH OF YOU). There's a new episode of the Internet(s) sensation Franks and Beans online. I'll embed it below, because...I feel like it. Enjoy!