Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Who drew this Frankenberry comic?


It is well documented (at least it should be) that I love Frankenberry cereal.  Love it.  I like Boo Berry to an extent as well (I'm no fan of Count Chocula or any chocolate cereal, in case you were wondering), but Frankenberry is my one true cereal love.  Unfortunately it's become increasingly difficult to find, so when Halloween rolls around, I make sure and buy five or six boxes to stock up for a couple months.

Cereals have changed over the last few decades in that you won't find many - if any - cereals that offer a toy inside the box.  Instead, most cereals have some game or cutout printed on the back, as if that makes up for their newfound stinginess.  In any case, this year's boxes of monster cereal feature a comic with art that I think is really well done.  I can't help but wonder who drew it - if it's a comic industry professional or just someone General Mills has in its art department.  It looks a lot like the art of Sean "Cheeks" Galloway or even my buddy Ruben Cordero (though I think I would have heard if it was Ruben's work).  There's no signature or other credit given, not that I expected there to be on the back of a cereal box, but still, I wonder just who drew up this intriguing piece.

As I write this, I'm getting hungry.

2 comments:

Larry Franks said...

And you're hoping that, like mccomsey, the artist is googling himself and his work and they just happen to pop up here, make friends, and later do some art for Teddy and the Yeti. And get you free frankenberry.

Jeff said...

DID SOMEONE SAY FREE FRANKENBERRY?!?