Thursday, November 16, 2017

pictures from the 2017 Comic-Con International, part 7: the other stuff


Well, I've finally made it to the end of my Comic-Con 2017 pictures. The show goes full-bore right up until the very end, then everything seems to just stop. I've make it a point to actually see some things beyond the inside of the convention center, as much as I enjoy it, every year, so here's a few pictures from that. Oh, and I bought one of those awesome Tick masks at the show. It really does something for your jaw line.


On Tuesday after the show, most of the big banners and other structures come down. See ya, Blade Runner 2049 experience!


One of the must-stop downtown locations after the show is San Diego's Cat Cafe. They had some Comic-Con themed events happening during the show, but afterwards is a good time to visit.


On Tuesday, I left San Diego and drove a few hours northeast toward Joshua Tree National Park. Just outside is the Palm Springs Air Museum, which houses vintage military planes from various wars and eras. It was really impressive to see.


I'm a sucker for art on the side of planes and the stories behind them. Here's some Frank Frazetta-inspired work on the side of The Invader.


I never miss the opportunity to find a comic shop in a new location, which probably tells you just how deep the psychosis runs with me. I made a stop at Interstellar Comic Books & Collectibles in Palm Springs.


The shop is small any very hip. I grabbed all the new comics I had missed by...uh, being at a large comic book convention during the week.


Comic-Con was over, but celebrities were still hanging around. This is Palm Spring's Lucille Ball statue, on the same block as the comic shop. Lucy, Desi and a number of Hollywood stars used to make Palm Springs their vacation home.


Later in the day, I went hiking on San Joaquin Mountain (65 degrees versus 110 in the valley) and met a tree with my name. Probably gonna grow my own.


On Thursday, I made it to Joshua Tree (115 degrees) and saw a rock that kind of looks like a skull.


And that's it! What will I show pictures of next? (New York Comic Con.) See you then!

1 comment:

Larry said...

The vanilla and butterscotch like scent is characteristic to Jeffrey pine, and Jeffrey human.