Tuesday, December 11, 2012

God bless the creator of this Thing Halloween pumpkin creature


I saw this marvel of humanity when it first appeared on the Internets around Halloween of this year.  Why it's taken me this long to mention it is beyond reasoning.  Simply put, good work should be praised, and this is some of the good-est work involving a pumpkin that I've ever seen.  It's a pumpkin Halloween statue, nay, shrine!, to Ben Grimm, the Fantastic Four's Thing.


This monstrosity was created by the Reddit user wizardtig using bits and pieces of 11 pumpkins, including the head, a wooden framework and chicken wire.  The effort and determination were well worth it, in my opinion, as the final product in nothing shy of incredible!


The person behind this has gained a special place in my heart.  My hat is off to you, wizardtig, for creating a lasting tribute to the Thing.  And by "lasting" I mean "until you had to tear it down".  I hope that, at the very least, when you had to tear this apart, you at least once yelled "It's clobberin' time!" between sobs of dismay.

Click here to see more pictures of the process, click here to see the original Reddit page with comments, and click here to see the short writeup io9 made for the project.

No comments: