Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Halloween 2012!


Doesn't this blog have enough pictures of people in costumes?  Oh well, perhaps it's like Jell-O.  There's always room for more.  Or perhaps this is the case:


In either case, Halloween is tomorrow and I might as well get these pictures up and online before something else comes along and distracts me, like any of the legitimate reasons I have for being on the computer as opposed to adding a new post to the blog.

The picture of the very top is another by my friend Vicki, a photographer who asked me to dress up like the Flash for a project featuring shoes.  I was sold when I heard the word "Flash".  Oh, who am I kidding.  I was sold when she said she wanted to take a picture of me.  I'm so damn photogenic.  Vicki also photographed me at Pittsburgh Comics a little while back.


It's interesting that a mass marketed Frankenberry costume is made.  If the brand is that popular, why doesn't General Mills make the cereal all year round and not just for one month, forcing me to buy a dozen boxes every October?  I guess I'll never know.  I bought this costume at the last minute on eBay. It was my fourth attempt at bidding on one.  At three separate opportunities I was outbid my voracious buyers on eBay.  How is that possible?  Oh well.  I got one in the end, and it showed up just in time.  I went out to a party on Saturday and poured out some cereal to those who wanted it, or at least those who allowed me, a stranger in a costume, to pour unknown cereal into their hands.


Larry was there, too, revisiting the wrestling theme.  He talked the DJ into creating a new category so he could enter the contest, which he won, and then won a prize for the best overall costume.  That smooth talker.


The place had a Ms. Pac Man machine.  Does anyone ever play Galaga on these dual cabinets?  My big Frankenberry mitts would present an added challenge.


And for some reason, my nephews decided to dress up for Halloween, too.  It's strange to see kids dressing up when Halloween costumes are obviously something that only adults do.  But whatever...maybe they're trying to emulate me or something.  Jake here dressed up as the Flash last year, so he's keeping the super hero theme going.  And his new little brother, "near mint" Logan, is his dutiful sidekick.

My sister and her husband have taught Jake the theme to the 1960s Batman TV show.  Fifty years old and that thing still has legs.  Crazy.


No comments: