Monday, November 18, 2019

Thing sketch cards, part 9

It's time, dear readers, to take a look at another batch of Thing sketch cards from my collection. These are numbers 41 through 45!


Juan Ferreyra - Ferreyra drew this card in 2007 and has since gone on to illustrate books like Green Arrow for DC and a recent story in Marvel Comics Presents. This card comes with the added bonus of having Reed, Sue and Johnny in the background!


Ron Wilson - This Fantastic Four Archives official sketch card has some original art from none other than Ron Wilson, who had long runs on both Marvel Two-in-One and the 1980s Thing series. It's in color, too!


Here's the back of the card!


Aurelio Howler - The next three cards are actually from the same artist. I purchased the above card directly from Howler, the artist, and he was so excited that I guess he decided to draw Ben Grimm two more times. I understand the enthusiasm! The first comes in the modified FF uniform...


...while the next is the classic shirtless Thing.


The last one, um, came drawn on the invoice that came with the cards. I couldn't bring myself to toss it out, so I clipped it and I'm counting it as an original sketch card (the title directly below the art adds a chyron-like banner to the bottom that I consider part of the whole package). I don't care if anyone disagrees! It's a sketch card! I've decided.

That's it for now - there'll be more to come.

1 comment:

Larry said...

I think the invoice one is my favorite.