Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Teddy and the Yeti trading cards


I wrote a while back about putting together some trading cards for the fast approaching New York Comic Con.  I'm happy to say that they're no longer just an abstract concept, because UPS brought the final products to my door a few days ago and boy!  Am I excited with how they turned out.

Here's the details: there are a total of 18 cards.  Cards one through nine are "story" cards, each highlighting the first two issues of the story.  Cards 10 through 17 are "character" cards, with pinup-style artwork of main characters (and, honestly, whoever I felt would look cool on a card).  Card 18 is a sketch card for...you know, sketches.  There's some great artwork by artists like Duane Redhead, Alan Gallo, Jorge Correa, Mario Wytch, Travis Sengaus, Leonardo Pietro, Karin Rindevall and Paul Little.

I'll be selling these at the show as a set, but I printed out extra copies of card one to give away.  And perhaps to practice throwing at watermelons just like they do on TV.  Check 'em out!  I'm proud.

2 comments:

Rowper said...

Hey Jeff, that is cool! I like the card sets, I can see Many Man right next to Craxl. Great job!

Jeff said...

I'm glad you like it, Alan! I'll be sending you some in the mail soon!